Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 2: Day Two

I walked into the kitchen this morning and opened the candy cabinet before I realized what I was doing. Wow - BIG habit I have to break. (I caught myself before any damage was done.)

Breakfast this morning: two eggs, one whole raw tomato. I miss toast.

Lunch is already planned, in order to avoid tempting traps: one turkey burger, two servings of edamame. Dinner: baked chicken, black-eyed peas and a salad. Almonds are "allowed," so I'll pull a few for snacks here and there.

When addicts go through substance detox, do they feel like a ticking time bomb? Yesterday was relatively easy. Today, I'm thinking about the Peeps in the cabinet. Yesterday my son got a massive strawberry shortcake from our local ice cream shop. He asked me to hold it while he buckled into his seat ... some of the gloriously fluffy whipped cream got on my left hand. And I'm certain the shiny red maraschino cherry winked at me. I turned my head, wiped my hand on my jeans, and handed the sugar bomb back to my metabolically-blessed offspring. Today I might have licked the whipped cream. If you see me sucking on my jeans later, please pull me away.

1 comment:

  1. You can do this! Passover is next week so I thought it'd be an easy way to force myself to do no carbs, thus sugar.

    ReplyDelete