Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 3: Distraction is the key.

Friday was a busy day, which worked out for the best. If you stay busy, you can't think about chocolate. Theoretically.

Two friends and I walked 2.5+ miles on the school track in the brisk air, and it helped quite a bit. We've had so much rain lately - something like 12 inches in March - and it's been hard to get outside, especially when I *need* it right now.

After the walk it was back home to pack for our Spring Break trip. I'm so used to packing a snack bag for the car and it was quite the challenge this time. If there was sugar in the car, I knew I would eat it. Without blinking an eye.

A word of warning, if you ever decide to try this: be sure you're completely prepared, food-wise, before jumping off the cliff. Since we're leaving for almost a week, we let the food run down in the house. Which meant I had nothing to eat for lunch. So I paced the entire house, packing the children's things, doing everything I could to avoid the kitchen. And I was STARVING after exercising. I opened the fridge and the freezer several times, looking for something - anything - I could eat. The Weight Watchers lunches all had pasta in them. Bacon's not allowed. No fruit, at least right now. Crackers and cheese? I think not. Finally I chose a WW breakfast muffin - and ditched the muffin.

The ride down to the beach truly sucked. Everyone else in the car ate French fries while I held my nose and tried not to smell the glorious aroma. Chick-fil-A has the BEST fries in the world. Waffle fries, crispy and hot, dusted with salt ... So I ate my chicken breast and side salad as if it were the last food on earth. And drank three bottles of water.

I'm trying to keep this in perspective and take the Scarlett O'Hara approach: "Tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment